Beiträge von Marin

Haha, not sure about doing any more Brickonicle, but there's still plenty more Mondays in 2019, we'll see...

Thanks. I tried building a disk but it didn't make sense without a throwing mechanism so I gave it up and just made the arms symmetrical. For a brick-built model, it looked better.

The channel is growing at a pace of 2-3 subs a day. People don't like it all that much because there are no instructions for the models. :S

My tenth model is a revamp of the 8503 Sub/Scuba from the Slizer/Throw Bot series, which celebrates its 20th anniversary this year:

Sub Slizer Revamp

(the picture is a link to a short video with 360° views of various poses)

Join in on the fun and see what other people have built so far in the Flickr group.

If you want a challenge or need inspiration, next week we're doing “Steampunk.”

See you next Monday!

This light and agile law enforcement drone was inspired by a piece of concept art.

PIERCE Riot Control Unit

47277023941_75492e0f14_z.jpg

(the picture is a link to a short video with 360° views of various poses)

Join in on the fun and see what other people have built so far in the Flickr group.

If you want a challenge or need inspiration, next week we're doing “Underwater.”

See you next Monday!

Continuing with another Gundam mobile suit:

Snow Sazabi

(the picture is a link to a short video with 360° views of various poses and opened panels)

Join in on the fun and see what other people have built so far in the Flickr group, which is growing with every Monday. 8)

See you next Monday!

Thanks, guys. Glad you like it. The idea popped inside my head one morning while I was still dozing in my bed. I immediately liked it and decided to go for it. Crazy, the things you think of when you're not fully awake. :) I cannot promise you all of the upcoming models will be as exciting. :S

Yes, you're right, Marcel, the hat is attached with two magnets. And there are lots of spices, vegetables etc. in the compartments, but I didn't want to film all of them, as it would make for a boring video.

Next in line is the complete opposite:

Bob Cook

Need a helping hand in the kitchen? Need a kitchen? This robot is both!

47133712561_871c519ac5_z.jpg

(the picture is a link to a short video with 360° views of some poses and the demonstration of play features and utensils)

See you next Monday

Marcel, bingo for the first one! The other one is also from a parts draft. Taking one for the team, remember? ^^

It's funny that Markus also thought it was the bushes... It must be your thing. ;)

Thanks, this one might be my favourite too.

Sylon, thanks for the nice compliment. Maybe we'll make Mondays a pleasurable thing by the end of the year. :)

In case it's not evident, this one was inspired by real-world military machinery:

WBT MKIX

40100513583_197affba14_z.jpg

(the picture is a link to a short video with a 360° view and the demonstration of some play features)

See you next Monday!

P.S.

Marcel, this one is a nod to you. Can you spot why (two reasons)? :S

Thanks, guys!

Marcel, I agree. The colour scheme is almost the same. :S

Nodo, this part is sandwiched between two propeller blades. It is attached only to one of them, but they are connected to each other via this part.

Funny you should mention the Aero Booster because it is on my to-do list. :D

This sky soarer is dedicated to Sven, on whom I can always count when I need a brick or two:

50-RR

32042991507_5e3d35c9c4_z.jpg

(the picture is a link to a short video with 360° views of various poses and a play feature)

See you next Monday!

Marcel, I remember viewing the Giap-Towers from all sides, or am I mistaken?;) You should try building play features into a model. It's not as hard as you'd think and the satisfaction is worth the extra effort.:D

Niklas, thank you for such a nice compliment. <3 And you're right, it does look like a harvester. I didn't see it before but I see it now. I clearly remember the process of choosing the windscreen: my sketch originally had an oval bubble canopy; I tried several options but this one (albeit different from the sketch) seemed just right because of the industrial machinery vibe. Now I know where it gets it from.:)

The fourth model in the series has four legs, four play features and it's also the fourth smallest mech in the series so far. :D

It was inspired by this video game concept art.

4L-22P

(the picture is a link to a short video with a 360° view and the demonstration of the play features)

See you next Monday!

Thanks guys!

Marcel, crest is the word.

Niklas, wow! The similarities are striking. And I never played the game or saw this guy... Don't know whether it's funny or embarrassing. ^^