Cities of Sand

• After seeing some cool artwork of hourglasses housing scenes of sand I decided to try my hand at something like that.

The result was this model showing cities of sand from two different eras – the past flowing into the present and even creating the future.

Ornament baubles made making the 'glass' easy and the whole build uses 97 elements.

overview.jpg

Spoiler anzeigen

parts.jpg

• Wow, I love this! The idea of the old city flowing into the modern one is great and the christmas baubles work really well for giving a lot of volume at a small piece count. I would have thought such a big hourglass would require too many parts for the support structure, but that minimalist solution with the huge swords works really well. :overpleased:

(I actually thought about using a christmas bauble this round too in one of my myriads of early ideas. I thought of using it as some kind of "time sphere" and maybe putting a naked Terminator inside. ^^)

• Wow, I love this! The idea of the old city flowing into the modern one is great and the christmas baubles work really well for giving a lot of volume at a small piece count. I would have thought such a big hourglass would require too many parts for the support structure, but that minimalist solution with the huge swords works really well. :overpleased:

(I actually thought about using a christmas bauble this round too in one of my myriads of early ideas. I thought of using it as some kind of "time sphere" and maybe putting a naked Terminator inside. ^^)

Thanks so much! The support structure was something I didn't want to spend too many parts on, so I spent some time looking through my collection for very large elements that could also look decorative. The gold blades ended up being perfect!

That's a fantastic build, I love the explanation!

Thank you! I was very excited when I saw the concept art, then a bit concerned I wouldn't be able to portray it convincingly in the brick.

Great idea and excellent built, again!

I like it! Nice idea and great build. : palec gor:

Just need to have one like this on my table;)

Thank you, and it would not be a very expensive model to replicate ;) :D

I really love the idea of the past literally flowing into the future depicted by different Architecture style!!

Thanks! Great to hear the different time periods were easily distinguished by the architecture style of the cities.

Your idea really stands out! love the christmas bauble use and how you squeezed those sand cities in there :)

Thank you! The top city was definitely more challenging to fit in, since I only used a 4x4 round plate there to have it sit right in the bottom of the bauble.

• Und das jetzt ist das Kleine Ding zwischen den Kugeln - Wir sind ein Fliegenschiss zwischen der Vergangenheit und der Zukunft. Sehr schöne Idee suoer umgesetzt.

tranmslated by google:

Code
    And this (the now) is the little thing between the bullets - we are a fly shit between the past and the future. Very nice idea - well implemented.

Nur wer seine Dämonen kennt, kann sie auch bekämpfen ............

Matze2903 auf Flickr

To old to die young - to young to die........

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!