The Hidden Sanctum

• My contribution for week 3 of the RogueOlympics. Unlike my last entry, this one uses exactly 101 parts. I had a bit of a hard time deciding what to build this week, but once I came up with the arch design here, I knew I wanted to incorporate it somehow. The rest of the scene was inspired by a few pieces of concept art I found. I also experimented with a photography technique I’ve seen Kosbrick use – instead of editing in the background, which would have been trickier than usual due to the out of focus elements at the front, I printed off a picture and placed it behind the build. It’s definitely something I would like to play around with more in the future, as I think it could work well in a variety of situations.

51055998371_7419efae8a_c.jpg

The parts used:
    51056087062_9501ed4955_c.jpg

• Love this! Looks like a scene from a movie. I've never seen the arch parts before :D

That's what i thought too! Didn't even think about it being an RO entry at first, which is a compliment in my eyes, it totally works as some kind of forced perspective adventurous movie scene. The arch design is great but my favourite parts are those big trees/vines in the foregorund! Amazing composition overall John!

But pls tell us: Where did you use the big green part?:D

• Love how you're combining system and Bionicle with this one, and at the same time are also further working your presentation muscles. Seeing this I really need more barrels, it sure feels like you robbed a bunch of hobbits for this MOC :D

Very well done, definitely up there!

Best

Markus

• Love this! Looks like a scene from a movie. I've never seen the arch parts before :D

Thanks! Yeah, I only recently got some of them myself. Looking forward to seeing how else I can use them :)

An intriguing scene for sure!

Thank you!

That's what i thought too! Didn't even think about it being an RO entry at first, which is a compliment in my eyes, it totally works as some kind of forced perspective adventurous movie scene. The arch design is great but my favourite parts are those big trees/vines in the foregorund! Amazing composition overall John!

But pls tell us: Where did you use the big green part?:D

Thank Marcel, glad to hear you like it! The big green part was really just the first piece I happened to come across that was a couple bricks high, and heavy enough to not fall over when I put a branch on it :D
    bts-small.jpg

This wasn't quite the final setup for the photo, but it does show where the green part was used.

Love how you're combining system and Bionicle with this one, and at the same time are also further working your presentation muscles. Seeing this I really need more barrels, it sure feels like you robbed a bunch of hobbits for this MOC :D

Very well done, definitely up there!

Best

Markus

Thanks Markus! Combining system and Bionicle is something I'd really like to play around with more in the future, there are lots of interesting parts to experiment with. And I've definitely been trying to work on my presentation recently, though there's still so much I have to learn!

As for the barrels, it does kind of look that way, doesn't it... :saint: :D

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!