Timeworn Kingdom

• I've used tan very little since moving, perhaps due to considering it “John's Color” for so long, and I used this prompt as an excuse to change that.

It was partially inspired by Eli's excellent micro work.

The build is super simple so I was mostly playing with the composition and photography.

Thanks to John and Markus for their input.

51055702936_39021f0655_c.jpg

Once again it is made of exactly 101 parts.

parts-2.jpg

Followed Ted's example for the parts spread, though a few of the parts overhang their squares a bit :shy:

• Have to second YgrekLego , elegant describes this build very well in my opinion. It becomes clear that you thought about lighting and presentation with this model.

Speaking about parts: Did you move "your" collection to Denmark or how did you handle this topic as a family (recently saw that your younger brothers get more and more active too, if i'm correct)?

Regards

• Reducing something to its essence, just like you have done with this monochrome kingdom, is hard. There's an art form to it, and I love how it has allowed you to lean even more into lighting and presentation to really carve out depth in an otherwise relatively slim model.

Really beautiful, and very elegant!

Best

Markus

• Briliante idea and Sand Castle. I love to build Sand Castle’s, but I never did an nice one like that :D

Thanks! I've built more LEGO sand castles than real sand castles :D

very elegantly done!!

Many thanks!

You can hardly go wrong with tan! Really beautiful in its monochrome simplicity.

Thank you, and yes tan is such a good color :)

Lovely castle! Now I want to go to the beach..like right now!

Thank you Dan!

Have to second YgrekLego , elegant describes this build very well in my opinion. It becomes clear that you thought about lighting and presentation with this model.

Speaking about parts: Did you move "your" collection to Denmark or how did you handle this topic as a family (recently saw that your younger brothers get more and more active too, if i'm correct)?

Regards

Thanks Marcel. Elegant is just the type of style I was trying to convey so it's great hearing that word used in several comments.

I left my collection in the US with John (we had shared it previously). And then started a new collection upon arriving in Billund.

Fortunately Billund is an exceptionally easy place to accumulate LEGO parts :D

Reducing something to its essence, just like you have done with this monochrome kingdom, is hard. There's an art form to it, and I love how it has allowed you to lean even more into lighting and presentation to really carve out depth in an otherwise relatively slim model.

Really beautiful, and very elegant!

Best

Markus

Thanks Markus, your input was quite helpful. I probably spent more time on photography and editing than building this time :/

Didn't help that I had miscounted again with my first shoot :rolleyes:

I immediatly fell for this one when I saw it at Flickr. :love: Extremely strong in its simplicity. Love it!

Mark

Thanks so much Mark!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!