Razor Crest vs X-Wing Cloud Chase

• Hello guys,

and sorry for not writing in German :) I really liked the idea of the Rogue Olympics and would love to join in.

Because I was not sure if there will be a Star Wars round, I've built a scene from The Mandalorian for Round 1. As both of the "ships" are 5 parts each I wanted to show more angles, thus the more photos. All of the parts in the build are 57 in total.

Hope you enjoy it :)

Spoiler anzeigen

• Hi Danko,

welcome to the Rogues!

To embed Flickr pictures just click on the "share"-icon on Flickr, choose a size between 600 and 800px and copy the BBcode.

Great submission to the first round. I especially like the connection of the goggles with the roller skates!

Best,
    Jonas

• Welcome danko,

and woa great stuff! :love: That's definitely the tiniest X-Wing I've ever seen. Real great work, of cause the Razor Crest too. Brilliant perspective of the first picture, all in all excellent entry.

Best

Thomas

Thank you, Thomas! There are actually smaller X-Wings, believe it or not :D

• Hey, I know this guy !! 8) Welcome, Danko, nice to see you here !

I really like your idea for the X-Wing, but I love how you did the Razor Crest :love: This (strange)... Tool -part (?) in the centre just fits perfectly and tea cups as wings...:D

You like the Razor Crest, don't you ? ^^ This is your... third Mini Crest ?

Good luck for the next rounds

Elias

• Hey, I know this guy !! 8) Welcome, Danko, nice to see you here !

I really like your idea for the X-Wing, but I love how you did the Razor Crest :love: This (strange)... Tool -part (?) in the centre just fits perfectly and tea cups as wings...:D

You like the Razor Crest, don't you ? ^^ This is your... third Mini Crest ?

Good luck for the next rounds

Elias

Hey Elias!

Thank you very much :) The strange tool part is coming in a mini accessory pack full with awesome pieces in different shapes (got mine in the Ninjago City Gardens set), I never saw those parts before that.

I do like the Razor Crest a lot and this is actually my fifth micro one :D This one though is my favorite. I also built one with the droid arm, which is even smaller in size than this one.

Can't wait to see your next builds man!

Have an awesome weekend,

Dan

• That's exactly the part/set I tried to get on our LUGBulk this year.... but didn't succeed :(

Welcome to Rogue Bricks, Danko! Very cool that you participate in this contest...and with such a cool entry! Love the Razor Quest! :love:

Looking forward to you other entries.

Mark

• Hey Dan!

I was really delighted when you reached out about entering! Loved your entries in Iron Forge, and I can't wait to see what you'll bring to the table in the coming rounds! :yummy:

Your first one is already up there, and just in line with what I fell in love with during the Forge: Minimal design, really smart piece usage (Let's be honest: Who knew about that skate/visor connection??), effective presentation!

I think I would have liked a splash of red on the X-Wing but I have a feeling that with the pieces used even replacing a single element would have been too much. :/

Will be fun going up against you, guess I gotta prove that I'm decent enough at this LEGO thing to run Iron Forge? ;):S

Pleasure to have you and good luck in the coming rounds!

Best

Markus

Und in Deutsch:

Spoiler anzeigen

Hey Dan!

Ich hatte mich sehr gefreut, als du mir geschrieben hattest, dass du teilnehmen möchtest! Deine Beiträge zur Iron Forge gefielen mir wirklich gut und ich bin gespannt, was du in den kommenden Runden so einreichen wirst! :yummy:

Dein erster Beitrag kann direkt oben mitspielen und passt perfekt zu deinen Iron Forge Beiträgen: Minimalistisches Design, schlaue Teile-Verwendungen (Mal ehrlich: Wer wusste von der Rollschuh-Visier-Verbindung?), effektive Präsentation!

Ich glaube, ich hätte mir einen Tupfer rot im X-Wing gewünscht, aber ich denke mal, dass selbst das Austauschen eines einzelnen Elementes schon zu viel des Guten gewesen wäre :/

Wird lustig, gegen dich antreten zu müssen – muss ich jetzt beweisen, dass ich dieses LEGO Ding gut genug beherrsche, um die Iron Forge zu veranstalten? ;):S

Schön, dich bei uns zu wissen und viel Erfolg in den kommenden Runden!

Beste Grüße

Markus

• Welcome to roguebricks, danko !

I have to admit, Disney killed Star Wars for me, so I don't know (and honestly dont care much) about the Mandalorian, but I DO care about nice parts usage.

You are showing something of that here, creating a dynamic action scene without even getting close to the limit of 101 parts. Fine job, good luck in the Contest!

• Hi Dan,

i've read NPU a few times scrolling through the comments. Pretty much what i would comment: NPU all over, the Razor Crest as well as the X - Wing is a joy to look at, altough they only consist out of a few parts. Great job!

Regards, Marcel

Thank you Marcel!

That's exactly the part/set I tried to get on our LUGBulk this year.... but didn't succeed :(

Welcome to Rogue Bricks, Danko! Very cool that you participate in this contest...and with such a cool entry! Love the Razor Quest! :love:

Looking forward to you other entries.

Mark

Thank you Mark! I would love to get more of those and try different combinations.

You certainly have a knack for using unusual parts to create very recognizable models :thumbup:

Thank you Isaac!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!