Greetings from France!

• Hello everyone,

First of all, I hope English is ok for everyone! I'm a 16 (soon 17) year old TFOL from France and I live near Paris. I'm classical musician and in my bachelor's degree in violin. I'm in high school via distance learning due to music. A face and a name reveal can be expected soon if everything goes according to plan so I won't give any other information about myself! ;)

Here is my long story about how I got into Lego for those interested:

In my childhood, I had some Lego and enjoyed building stuff with it just like every other child. It was only in August 2017 that I started getting serious about it. It happened very progressively: my birthday is on August and I wanted to have some Lego as present. What I wanted was to get pieces to build a remote control car or a chateau ... : D I spent my time on the Lego Shop at Home website and discovered the online PaB service at but didn't know how many and which bricks in which quantities I needed to buy. Then, I started looking at Classic sets at S @ H as they looked like an easy way of getting big amounts of bricks for a reasonable price and saw that the price per piece ratio was much lower than in the PaB service. Around those times though, I discovered the modulars and was blown away by how great their facades looked and the fact that they even had an incredibly detailed interior! My favorite was the Parisian Restaurant - unfortunately, it was a bit expensive for our budget so my parents ended up buying me two Classic sets for my 14th birthday even though I wasn't totally happy ...

After spending some time on admiring the official modulars, I somehow discovered Lego Ideas and created an account with the name "LegoModularFan" in the end of September 2017 (does that sound familiar, anyone? ;)) And with it, I started discovering MOCs, mostly low quality ones though ... <X I don't remember the details anymore but I spent time on Google looking for good looking modulars and stumbled upon Castor Troy and Domino39's Paris 1889 collaboration in mid October on Eurobricks and was absolutely shocked by it! : love: I even remember having imagined and "dreamed" about asking Castor to create instructions for all the buildings and paying him hundreds just for the instructions ... : saint:: D I had seen the potential of Lego!

So I discovered Eurobricks thanks to Paris 1889 and started lurking. Many people over there was excited about the release of the next modular (Downtown Diner), and leaked images of it had appeared on the Internet! The excitement that I had was too big and I felt I needed to create an account and get involved in mid-November! While I was spending time in Eurobricks, I kept seeing all the great MOCs built mostly Andrew Tate and cimddwc . My passion for modular MOCs has grown even more in a 2-3 months and I decided to create a topic on Eurobricks where I would post 3 great modulars every day (in February 2018) which led me to discover a huge amount of modulars, and then slowly castles and other minifig scale architectural MOCs. I also created a Flickr account around that time and started faving stuff!

Slowly, I started discovering and admiring different MOC themes and all the great MOCers (it was around this time that I discovered most of the incredibly talented and skilled builders here)! I started commenting a lot more on Flickr and slowly got less active on Eurobricks around Summer 2018. I opened a Discord account around the end of 2018 to socialize even more with all the great builders!

Around summer 2019, I had mini Dark Ages where I completely stopped my Lego related activities because had too much stuff to do and had lost interest in it and then had Gray Ages from beginning of Autumn 2019 until April 2020 where I pretty much only faved MOCs on Flickr (and had no other Lego related activities) ...

What encouraged me to really come back to Lego was InnovaLUG's Style it Up contest (where I also met several members in RogueBricks) and I was incredibly happy to be back and have more time on Lego again (by limiting the time I spent on Chess which was / is my other hobby)! At the beginning, I had difficulties recognising some pieces and techniques as the result of not being serious about Lego for 10-11 months but it pretty much all came back in less than two months! :)

I think that's all! I hope that wasn't too long and was enjoyable to read... : D If anyone is wondering if I have built anything serious in all that period, the response is no ... That's why I kept getting told and encouraged to build in the first half of 2019 and in after my Gray Ages were over ... I had / have plenty of ideas but never felt I had enough bricks to realize them ... :( Good news though: I finished sorting my small? collection of 6000-7000 bricks, already did a few table scraps and will start building vignettes soon! My collection also wants to get bigger with time. :)

Lastly, if anyone is wondering about how I found / decided to join RogueBricks, I'm also in the Iron Builder server and a discussion about RogueBricks recently occurred. I thought I would try my hand at it! I had thought about joining for a long time around end 2018 and beginning of 2019 but somehow didn't, so, I'm really glad I did this time! Rogue looks like a great and a very warm place, I certainly look forward to interact with all the incredible MOCers and the great people in this forum! :)

• Thanks for the all the likes and the warm comments!

Welcome to the Roguebrick forums! It's nice having you around here as well, the time spent together on the IF discord has been quality time so far. I am quite certain you will enjoy the things posted and the stories told here.

Daniel ;)

Haha thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed our interaction on the IB server! I'm sure I will enjoy my time here :)

Thanks! I certainly didn't expect anyone to have any guesses, you will see if they're correct... :D Love your MOCs by the way! :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!